1. Provide routine to complex technical staff assistance on engineering projects; conduct research to determine available data; prepare preliminary designs and plans; review with professional engineering staff.
2. Collaborate and confer with developers, architects, engineers, contractors and the general public; provide information and assistance; interpret and explain laws, codes and regulations related to development activities.
3. Maintain official maps, drawings and master plans; research and reference material for public and staff use.
4. Perform map and improvement plan reviews and research project design requirements. 5.
Prepare exhibits, maps, construction plans, specifications and as-built plans.
6. Perform technical engineering functions related to traffic, including reviewing and approving traffic control plans, taking traffic counts and conducting traffic studies.
7. Prepare conditions of approval for development projects; review and comment on the progress of development projects. 8. Provide responsible technical assistance to professional engineering staff on special projects, as assigned.
9. Perform field investigations and gather data for the preparation of the design phase of in-house projects.
10. Perform field surveying including topographic survey, lay-out and grade staking.
11. Perform engineering calculations, prepare materials and cost estimates and review calculations of others.
12. Participate in the reproduction of plans and the preparation, filing and retrieval of engineering maps, documents and records.
13. Respond to inquiries form contractors, utility companies, consultants and the general public regarding City construction projects.
14. Assist engineers in the preparation of bid specifications and construction design specifications for capital improvement projects; prepare exhibits and reports as required.
15. Assist in administering less complex engineering projects; process approval of contractor payments; draft resolutions and ordinances.
16. Prepare and review various reports for a variety of engineering activities.
17. Produce and plot maps, charts and related graphics for presentations.
18. Research project files for staff and the general public; provide information on improvements, status of land divisions, easements, fees and agreements.
19. Perform a variety of related office or field tasks to gather, analyze and record data; prepare a variety of memos, letters and other correspondence related to plan reviews.
20. Conduct field inspections and surveys, as necessary.
21. Perform plan checking including reviewing and finalizing material take offs and quality assurance.
22. As assigned, prepare and update maps consistent with project improvements; utilize specialized geographic information systems software to generate, update and maintain mapping systems.
23. As assigned, set-up, modify, update, and maintain CAD standards; set-up and troubleshoot CAD computer stations for the configuration of CAD programs and file sharing, plotting, and third party programs; train staff in the use of AutoCAD and related software as necessary.