Operation Planning Engineer
Job Location : Oman
Reference Code : OGC-E-2016-62
Good salary and benefits will be offered
Job Purpose :
• Responsible of integrated activity planning including maintenance, project and service contractors activities.
• Insure all planned activities are scheduled in accordance to regions requirements and work priority utilizing SAP system.
• Provide continuous tracking of all planned activities progress and ensure they are delivered as per plan.
• Provide strategic planning for shutdown & turnaround, major overhauling activities and gas suppliers & consumers outages.
• Review and develop planning and maintenance processes and procedures that meet with world-class practices.
• Maintain and update all planning section documents and references accordingly.
Job Dimensions :
• Reporting to - Head of planning
• Subordinates – Nil
Roles & Responsibilities :
• Review and standardize best demonstrated practice PM Strategies and Corrective Job Plan activities across all regions, sites and maintenance teams.
• Recommends optimization opportunities based on best demonstrated practices observed during performance reviews.
• Contributes to Central, Regional and Site Leadership Teams in development of systems, performance indicators and reports, Optimize Maintenance Strategy, Materials Look-up and Staging, CAPEX/ OPEX budget, tools and methods to improve asset reliability and availability
• Develop the most appropriate method and sequence of shut down and turnaround activities.
• Maximize equipment availability and reliability through using planned maintenance in the most effective way.
• Prepare and maintain long term strategic planning (5 years & 1 year) according to organization corporate plan.
• Facilitate monthly and weekly planning sessions with activity owners to prepare 90 day and 14 day maintenance schedule with all affected parties.
• Comply with integrated activity planning and scheduling for effective optimisation and utilization of recourses as per company’s procedures.
• Ensure that all resources are used in the most cost-effective and efficient way.
• Design, test and implement new KPIs to be applied for monitoring and controlling the effectiveness of resources utilization.
• Develop and ensure proper utilization of SAP functionality.
• Produce necessary SAP reports to assess and facilitate clearance of work backlogs.
• Support coaching and training for new staff as required.
• Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE. Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of OGC
• Any other related duties and responsibilities
• Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent engineering education
• At least 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with skills on surface operations and facilities.
• 8 years of experience in short and long term planning of multidiscipline maintenance activities, shut down and turnarounds in oil and gas or petrochemical sector.
• Significant experience in planning engineering and procurement services. Experience with maintenance strategy development and its implementation in an operating facility.
• Demonstrated exposure to planning, computer literacy and working experience with maintenance management systems.
• Experience with Mechanical, Instrument, Electrical and Pipeline Maintenance of high pressure facilities.
Job Skills :
• Competent with oil & gas operations, processes, practises and facilities.
• High proficiency in Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP) preferably SAP.
• Understanding of flow and logistics required for small and medium engineering and construction projects.
• Experience related to Maintenance Management of high Pressure Gas Pipeline system will be an asset.
• Extensive knowledge of work permitting and risk assessment processes for maintenance work.
• Good knowledge of construction, commissioning and start-up processes planning.
• Demonstrated ability to drive change and implement new processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills including; communication, negotiation, problem solving, decision making as well as leadership capacity.
• High level of organizational skills and the ability to motivate and influence people.
• Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds and self-motivated. Good personality & character.
• Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
• Highly developed language skills in written and spoken English
Interested candidate can apply with your updated resume.