GIS Database Administrator
Job Location : Kuwait
Job Detail :
• Performs technical and administrative work developing and maintaining the software related to the Esri based, Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS).
• Provide technical expertise for Arc SDE management, using expert level functional skills in Arc SDE, Arc GIS and SQL Server.
• Administer versioned SDE including an Arc Server based web environment.
• Serve as system administrator for the intranet map web application and develop other applications for it as needed.
• Meet with end users to understand user needs; using input from the users, evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of available options.
• Identify and recommend strategies using the GIS system that could lead to increased efficiency or cost effectiveness.
• Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, GIS or closely technical discipline.
• Experience with Arc GIS geodatabase technology in a multi-user environment.
• 5 years of experience serving as a database administrator (DBA) or background in the use of geodatabase creation, editing, and management.
• Familiarity with database administration tasks such as performing backups and restores, creating users, configuration and tuning, and diagnostic tracing. Working knowledge of hardware-related issues.
Interested candidates can apply with updated resume.